Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Music: Love Sucks

For those of you who break out in hives during the first half of February each year, or are just over all the bullshit and hassle of romantic relationships, here's one for you.

Love Sucks: Various Artists
1. Love Stinks -- J. Geils Band
2. I Hate Myself For Loving You -- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
3. Everything About You -- Ugly Kid Joe
4. Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn'tve) -- Buzzcocks
5. Love Will Tear Us Apart -- Joy Division
6. Pictures of You -- Cure
7. Answering Machine -- Replacements
8. You're No Good -- Linda Ronstadt
9. I'm Not In Love -- 10cc
10. Love Hurts -- Gram Parsons
11. Who Loves the Sun -- Velvet Underground
12. Glad to See You Go -- Ramones

Buy the album here.

So tell me, what are your favorite 'Love can just fuck right off' songs?

1 comment:

  1. "Instant Pleasure" by Rufus Wainwright.

    Why, you might ask?

    Well, here's the chorus:

    "I don't want
    Somebody to love me
    Just give me sex
    Whenever I want it
    'Cause all I ask for
    Is instant pleasure!
    Instant pleasure, Instant pleasure!"

    Thank you, Rufus, for nailing it on the head. Literally and figuratively.

    ReplyDelete